Tribute to the Gods
"So here it is, a tribute to the bands that have influenced and molded the very foundation of Iced Earth. We hope that you will enjoy the recording. It is a very different process due to the fact that I have only played 6 or 7 cover tunes in my entire life. Some of tese tunes that are so called "simple" presented a challenge to us and some of us develped a new respect for the artists that originally recorded these songs. You could say that we went to "school" when we recorded this album and it was as much a pleasure as it was a challenge. For nearly two decades the vision has stayed the same, but without all of you, it would have been in vain… With sincerest thanks, Jon Schaffer (October 10, 2001)."
- Creatures of the Night (KISS)
- The Number of the Beast (Iron Maiden)
- Highway to Hell (AC/DC)
- Burnin' for You (Blue Oyster Cult)
- God of Thunder (KISS)
- Screaming for Vengeance (Judas Priest)
- Dead Babies (Alice Cooper)
- Cities on Flame (Blue Oyster Cult)
- It's a Long Way to the Top (AC/DC)
- Black Sabbath (Black Sabbath)
- Hallowed Be Thy Name (Iron Maiden)
- Jon Schaffer | Rhythm, Lead, Acoustic Guitars, Vocals
- Matthew Barlow | Lead Vocals
- James MacDonough | Bass Guitar
- Richard Christy | Drums
- Larry Tarnowski | Lead Guitar
Schaffer Sound Studios. August 2001.
Mixed and Mastered at Morrisound Studios. August 2001.
Engineered by Jim Morris.
Artwork by Axel Hermann and Travis Smith. Iced Earth logo designed by Jon Schaffer.
Additional information on this release including guest musicians can be found in the jackets and sleeves accompanying the officially released CD/vinyl copies.